To update your database and add new coworkers, you can import directly your list of coworkers on the platform.
Your file must be in Microsoft Excel (xlsx) format.
Tips and Tricks:
- Download the template (from the import page)
- Export the list of coworkers registered on Supermood to keep a back-up file
Step by step
1 - Formatting
Before importing your file, make sure that :
- All information is concentrated on a single Excel sheet: files containing multiple Excel sheets are not accepted.
- There are no hidden rows or columns in your Excel file
- First name and surname are in separate columns. [Excel Tip: Split text into different columns].
- Your file is not password protected
- Your attributes' values respect the required standards. Have a look at the article: What are the standards to fill-in your attributes values?
2 - The Attributes
1) Make sure that the 5 basic attributes are correctly filled in.
To add or update coworkers on the platform, you will need to fill in at least these five attributes:
- First name: The title of your column must correspond to one of these formats: ’prenom’, ‘first name’, ‘surname’, ‘firstname’
- Name: The heading of your column must correspond to one of the following formats: ‘nom’, ‘last name’, ‘name’
- Email address: The title of your column must correspond to one of these formats: ‘mail’, ‘email’, ‘courrier’
- Language: The heading of your column must correspond to one of the following formats: ‘language’, ‘langue’, ‘lang’
- Active coworkers: The heading of your column must correspond to one of these formats: ‘employé actif’, ‘active’, ‘actif’, ‘is active’, ‘est actif’
2) If you have custom attributes, match column names and Supermood attributes.
Supermood will match the columns of your file with the attributes saved on the platform.
To facilitate this step and avoid mistakes when importing your file, make sure the columns of your Excel file have been renamed according to the attributes recorded on the platform.
For example :
- If you have a column entitled 'Position', and it corresponds to 'Job Title' on the platform, replace the column name with 'Job Title'.
- If you have a column with the coworkers' departments, first you will have to make sure that there is a 'Department' attribute added to Supermood.
ℹTo add a new attribute on the platform, inform your account manager!
3 - A unique identifier
When you update your coworkers’ database via an Excel import, the platform will match the data in your file with the data on the platform based on the recognition of the coworkers' email addresses.
- So make sure that there are no duplicates [Excel Tip: Find duplicates].
- Make sure that only one email address is entered per coworker.
⚠ You cannot change the email address by doing an import: the platform will not recognize the email address, and will therefore create a new user instead of updating the previous one. If you want to update the email address of a coworker, you can update it from his coworker profile.
If you made an import with the new email address, and you did not check the option 'delete the coworkers who are not in the file', you will have to think about deleting the profile of the former coworker.
4 - File consistency
It is recommended to inspect your file one last time before importing it.
Make sure that your values match the correct columns. The same value should not be found in different columns.
- If you update existing coworkers on the platform, the information in your file will overwrite the existing ones on the platform. In case you decide to import each column of your file, be careful with empty cells! This will erase the coworker's information previously saved.
- Be careful not to make mistakes when filling in attributes, because different typographies on the same attribute will lead to the creation of two different groups/values.
Example: "Paris" and "paris" will be considered by the platform as two different values.
- If you have set up hierarchical attributes, make sure to check that your hierarchical tree is well respected.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.