Available for: Admins ✅ Results Viewers ✅ Campaign owners ✅
Open questions (to which one answers with a comment) allow coworkers to express themselves freely on a given topic. They allow to collect participants raw opinions, and thus :
- find possible solutions thanks to the suggestions ;
- and/or to reveal key elements impacting the commitment and satisfaction of coworkers on the subject in question.
We will detail here the tools that the platform puts at your disposal to analyze these open questions in the best possible way:
- Translating comments
- Emerging themes
- The positive, negative, or neutral character
- Filtering comments
- Downloading comments
For each question, you have the possibility, thanks to a button, to activate Google Translate to translate the comments into French or English.
This button is not displayed above the list of comments? Contact your account manager to activate it.
We know that analyzing comments takes time and that it is tempting to want to read all the responses. To make the analysis process easier, Supermood detects and groups comments by topic to bring up the major themes and sub-themes.
Some practical information:
- The same comment can be listed in several categories depending on its content. For example, the comment "I love my team, but I have too much work" will appear in both Team spirit (positive) and Workload (negative).
- Our algorithm categorizes comments into themes once an hour.
- The activation of Google Translate is necessary to analyze comments that are not in French or English.
- From the 'details' view of the question, you can export the emerging themes with the distribution of the emotions transmitted in the answers directly on the top right of the graph.
The positive, negative, or neutral character
For each emerging theme, you can observe the distribution of emotions transmitted in the responses. This distribution allows you to understand whether the comments were used in a positive, negative, or neutral attitude.
The comments displayed by default correspond to all the responses in the scope to which you have access; that is, the entire organization for an administrator or a particular team for a result viewer.
To have a targeted analysis, filter the comments :
- by score, for comments from a closed question;
- by population, to zoom in on comments from a particular population;
- by theme, to gather all the comments on the same subject.
Our recommendation: To determine the topics of dissatisfaction and thus define your next actions, filter in priority the comments:
- of detractors and non-ambassadors (negative scores) ;
- of the most dissatisfied populations on your main question;
- by themes linked to negative emotions.
Administrators and results viewers can export raw verbatims (from the export tab in the Survey menu) with the ability to select one or more campaigns, a target population, and the period over which the questions were asked.
We recommend that you avoid presenting the raw comments to your teams: it is preferable to transmit only the main topics revealed by the comments to avoid a writing style being recognized. If you want to illustrate your points, rephrase the few most relevant comments in your own way.
Present the emerging themes
If you want to present the emerging themes to your teams, accompany them with the most frequently raised arguments and opinions. Focus on the few most relevant comments to illustrate these themes.
Need help interpreting your results? Please contact your account manager! Our team of experts will be happy to help you with this. 😄