Available for: ✅ Administrators
You may be wondering how to transmit Supermood surveys if employees don't have a work phone or email address? Don't worry! You can allow them to log in to their participant area via a login and secret code. This way, they will be able to take the surveys intended for them.
ℹ️ We are talking about non-connected coworkers when they do not have a business number or email address. Nevertheless, they need to have access to digital tools (computers, tablets, or smartphones) to answer the surveys.
In this article:
- Step 1: Assigning identifiers for authentication
- Step 2: Integrate non-connected coworkers
- Step 3: Generate a secret code
- Step 4: Communicate the identifiers and the secret code
- Bonus: Reset a coworker's secret code
Step 1: Assigning identifiers for authentication
The user ID must be unique to each employee and is in two parts:
company.id - personal.id
1. Add a personal identifier for each employee
Make sure that each non-connected coworker has a unique and easy-to-remember personal identifier. Choose the same format for all the identifiers! This way, you would be able to transmit the identifiers through a single and common communication to all your employees.
For example, you can :
- follow an easily remembered format as follows: first name.last name.year of birth (example: jean.beaumont.1980) ;
- or use the personnel numbers of the employees provided that the coworkers are familiar with their personnel numbers.
⚠️ Make sure to fill in personal identifiers without accents, apostrophes, or spaces - they are not supported by the platform.
2. Define the company ID
To find and modify the "company.id" part, go to My Account > Settings > Authentication. This identifier is the same for the whole account.
⚠️ Make sure to enter the company ID without capital letters, accents, apostrophes, or spaces - they are not supported by the platform.
Step 2: Integrate non-connected coworkers
To integrate your non-connected coworkers, you simply have to add them to the platform leaving the email and telephone number fields blank. However, you will have to integrate them by filling in at least the following fields:
- First name ;
- Last name ;
- Personal identifier: a unique identifier per employee;
- Language: the language in which the surveys will be sent to them;
- Active(yes/no): to define whether the employee should be able to receive Supermood surveys. Indicate "no" if the employee is on holiday.
To integrate your employees, we offer different solutions: the manual edition, via an import, an API, or via an SFTP integration. For more details, see our article: The different ways to update your employee database.
Step 3: Generate a secret code
Once you have created the identifiers, all you need to do is authorize the authentication of non-connected coworkers and create a common secret code for all non-connected coworkers (employees without an e-mail address or telephone number).
To do this, follow this quick step-by-step guide:
- Go to My Account > Settings > Authentication
- Activate the authentication of non-connected coworkers using the button at the top right
- Fill in the secret code for non-coworkers (a minimum of 4 characters)
- Save and voilà 🎉
ℹ️ In order to secure their access, users can change their secret code at any time from their personal space.
If they forget it, they can ask the account administrator to reinitialize their access in order to recover the secret code initially defined for all the non-connected coworkers.
Step 4: Communicate the identifiers and the secret code
Once the identifiers have been filled in and the secret code has been defined, all that remains is to communicate the identifiers and the secret code to your employees. As soon as the personal identifiers follow a format that is well known to the employees, you can prepare the same communication medium to send to all your teams.
For example, here:
A single communication medium could therefore be sent with the following indications:
Your opinion counts!
💡You can create posters with QR codes redirecting to the Supermood login page. Use our materials: Posters and QR codes.
All that's left is to prepare your communication plan to ensure good participation in the surveys. We've included some tips in this article: Boost participation.
Bonus: Reset a coworker's secret code
If a coworker has forgotten his or her secret code, you can reset his or her access at any time. Follow this quick step-by-step:
1) Find his/her user profile in Teams > My coworkers.
2) Enter his/her profile and click on Reset.
3) Now, all you have to do is give him/her the secret code associated with the account. You can find it in Settings > Authentication.