You are a results viewer on the Supermood platform and want to learn about your new role? From analyzing results to taking action, follow the guide!👇
In this article:
💻 The platform
Supermood is an all-in-one platform dedicated to employee feedback.
It gives co-workers the opportunity to express their opinions through regular surveys, in order to improve their daily work life. It then allows management teams to analyze this valuable feedback while protecting the participants' confidentiality.
As a results viewer, you have access to:
- the Dashboard module, for an overview of your results;
- the Survey Campaigns module, to analyze survey results in detail;
- the Actions module, to define an action plan and measure its effectiveness;
- and finally, your participant space to take surveys.
ℹ️ When you log in to Supermood, you are taken directly to your results viewer interface. To access the survey answering interface, click on My Account > Participant Space.
🧑💼 The Results viewer role
Your results viewer role is set to a specific population, by the account administrators.
ℹ️ If you find that your access on the platform needs to be changed, contact one of the account administrators within your organization.
This role allows you to :
- access and analyze your teams' results using the platform's tools (go to section Analyzing results) ;
- determine an action plan based on your analysis and share it with your teams (go to section Taking action for your teams).
This way, you have the possibility to follow your co-workers' engagement and to act quickly on the key issues that your teams raise.
📊 Analyzing results
When you log in to the platform, you are taken directly to your Dashboard. This page gives you an overview of your results with the Main Question of your account highlighted, the latest comments, and a direct access to the latest survey results.
To learn more, check out our dedicated article: The Dashboard!
In addition, there are several levels of analysis on the platform. As a results viewer, you can easily analyze the results:
- at the campaign level with the heat map. This allows you to compare the results of your closed-ended questions from one survey to another, from one question to another, or from one team to another in a very visual way.
→ read the article: The heat map
- at the survey level: click on the latest survey and benefit from the survey report highlighting participation, the nature of the scores obtained for each question and their evolution.
→ read the article: Analyzing the latest survey
- at the question level: whether it is a closed question (score), an open question (comment), or a multiple choice question, click on "Details" to access all the useful data for an in-depth analysis.
→ see the articles: Analyzing a closed question, Analyzing comments, Analyzing a multiple choice question
ℹ️ Want to conduct an analysis outside of the Supermood tools? You can also export your results in Excel format.
Finally, for a controlled and careful analysis, don't miss our best practices articles:
💪 Taking action for your teams
You have analyzed your results and have identified issues or topics on which to move forward with your team?
- The first step after the analysis will generally be to give feedback to your teams regarding the survey.
Depending on what comes out of your discussions, you can then move from results to action. Follow our experts' recommendations through this article. 👆
To help you visualize your action plan and make it easier for your teams to see it as well, you have the option to add actions to the platform. By doing so, you will be able to show your teams that their voice has a concrete reach, and put your actions in perspective with the evolution of the Main Question of the account.
Any doubts or questions? Write to us at email@example.com - we'll be happy to help! 💁♀️