Several factors can influence the participation rate from the creation of the survey to the launch:
- 🧘♀️ Establish a favorable climate
- 👌 Create a clear and concise survey
- ⚙️ Adjust the configuration
- 📣 Plan your communication
🧘♀️ Establish a favorable climate
You will have a much better chance of getting feedback from your employees if :
- you reassure them about confidentiality: their identity and data are protected. Inform them about the Supermood process and its confidentiality and share the help center section dedicated to them: Coworker's corner.
- Your surveys are distributed at the right time and on the right topics.
Getting the timing right is essential to maximizing your response rate. We observed that on average 50% of participants responded within the first 2 days.
There may be busy times for your teams or times when the context is not conducive to discussion on certain topics.
For example, if you want to survey employees about their work environment, avoid surveying them during a period of construction. It is better to survey them before and after the renovations to understand the impact of the measures implemented on the well-being of your teams.
👌 Create a clear and concise survey
To keep participants interested throughout the survey and thus improve participation, make sure that the content is clear and concise.
Reduce participants' thinking time by formulating questions clearly and limiting the number of questions per survey. If it only takes them 3 minutes to complete a survey, your staff will be more likely to complete it regularly and you will be able to get a regular follow-up.
Similarly, avoid starting with an open-ended question, or one that requires too much thought. Instead, place these questions at the end of the survey to minimize the risk of abandonment.
⚙️ Adjust the configuration
Once you have created your surveys, to maximize your participation rate, don't forget to take into account:
- The surveys' frequency: make sure that the number of questions asked is consistent with your sending frequency. If you set a weekly frequency, make sure you have a maximum of 5 questions - 8 questions for bi-monthly or monthly surveys. To choose the right frequency, see the article: Setting the frequency of surveys.
- Reminders: depending on the length of your surveys, set one or two reminders. Supermood sends these reminders only to people who have not yet responded: no risk of unwanted reminders!
👉 Our recommendation: for a one-week survey, schedule a single reminder in the middle of the survey and for longer surveys, add a second reminder 2 days before the end of the period.
- Recipients: make sure you choose your recipient list carefully.
If your employees receive surveys that are not relevant to them, this could discourage them from responding to subsequent surveys. To configure a list of recipients for a target population, see the article: Defining the list of recipients.
📣 Plan your communication
Your employees will be more likely to participate in surveys if they are advertised appropriately.
- Specify the purpose of the survey: explain in your communication materials why it is important to participate and what their feedback will be used for.
- Communicate the deadlines for response: include the closing date of the survey or the number of days left to respond to encourage them to respond at the time.
- Adopt the right communication channels for your teams: emailing, posters, announcements in meetings, etc.
- Personalize your communication materials: feel free to personalize your communication materials and emails with your tone and indicate who took the initiative. You can also personalize Supermood emails with your company colors! Find out how in the article: Customize the branding of emails and the co-worker space.