Open questions (to which one answers with a comment) allow coworkers to express themselves freely on a given topic. They allow to collect participants' raw opinions, and thus :
- find possible solutions thanks to the suggestions ;
- and/or to reveal key elements impacting the commitment and satisfaction of coworkers on the subject in question.
We will detail here the tools that the platform puts at your disposal to analyze these open questions in the best possible way:
- Translating comments
- Emerging themes
- The positive, negative, or neutral character
- Filtering comments
- Downloading comments
🌍 Translating comments
The comments are translated by default into French or English depending on the language defined in your profile. To see the original versions, just click on the "See original" button.
📊 Emerging themes
We know that analyzing comments takes time and that it is tempting to want to read all the responses. To make the analysis process easier, Supermood detects and groups comments by topic to bring up the major themes and sub-themes.
Click on the "Word Cloud" to find all the sub-themes in one graphic. This is also a good communication tool to present emerging themes to coworkers. 👍
Some practical information:
- The same comment can be listed in several categories depending on its content. For example, the comment "I love my team, but I have too much work" will appear in both Team spirit (positive) and Workload (negative).
- Our algorithm categorizes comments into themes once an hour.
😃 The positive, negative, or neutral character
For each emerging theme, you can observe the distribution of emotions transmitted in the responses. This distribution allows you to understand whether the comments were used in a positive, negative, or neutral attitude.
🔍 Filtering comments
The comments displayed by default correspond to all the responses in the scope to which you have access; that is, the entire organization for an administrator or a particular team for a result viewer.
To have a targeted analysis, filter the comments :
- by score, for comments from a closed question;
- by population, to zoom in on comments from a particular population;
- by theme, to gather all the comments on the same subject.
To determine the topics of dissatisfaction and thus define your next actions, filter in priority the comments:
📩 Downloading comments
Administrators and Results viewers can export raw verbatims (from the export tab in the Survey campaigns menu) with the ability to select one or more campaigns, a target population, and the period over which the questions were asked.
We recommend that you follow these best practices before presenting the results to your teams.
- To maintain confidentiality
Avoid presenting the raw comments to your teams: it is preferable to transmit only the main topics revealed by the comments to avoid a writing style being recognized. If you want to illustrate your points, rephrase the few most relevant comments in your own way.
- To present the emerging themes
Use the Word Cloud graphic and note the most frequently raised arguments and opinions. Focus on the few most relevant comments to illustrate these themes.
Need help interpreting your results? Please contact your account manager! Our team of experts will be happy to help you with this. 😄