When you set up Supermood, you first imported employee information. In order to have reliable results and to respect the RGPD, you will have to update this data regularly.
You will find here our tips to define the most appropriate updating process based on your context.
In this article :
⏱ Define the updating frequency
Keeping an up-to-date employee database is essential to:
- automatically update your surveys' recipient lists (and thus achieve consistent results and participation),
- remain compliant with the RGPD by deleting the information of departing employees.
To choose the most consistent update frequency for your organization, rely on your surveys' scheduling and workforce movements. If you have a lot of departures, arrivals, or internal mobility, make sure that these changes are reflected in your database before each survey launch!
Updating once a month is a good compromise to keep a clean and exploitable database, while minimizing the number of manipulations.
In particular, it allows large structures to have time to gather the data to be edited, department by department.
🧰 Choose the updating method
Supermood offers several methods to update your employee database. Depending on your context and your means, you can opt for automated, manual, or mass modification solutions:
- manual updates, for one-off modifications;
- Excel imports, for mass updates;
- SFTP integration or User Management API to automate the updating process.
⇒ Want to know more: The different ways to update your employee database
🙋 Designate a project leader and referents
We are never safe from small mistakes: erroneous e-mail addresses, employees on leave who are always listed as active, etc. Don't worry: you can correct these mistakes as you go along. The key is to be able to spot them by giving employees the opportunity to report the inaccuracies or omissions they have identified.
This is why it is essential to designate a person in charge and possibly referrers.
➤ The project leader
The project leader will be in charge of database updates and possible adjustments.
- Who? This role is usually assigned to the person in charge of your Human Resources Information System (HRIS). This is to ensure that any errors found in your Supermood database are also corrected in your HRIS.
- What accesses? To fill in and modify employee information, he or she will need administrator access.
⇒ Follow our guide to: Add an administrator
➤ The team referents
The referents will be in charge of checking the employee listings for their respective teams and reporting any corrections to the manager.
- Who? Local managers or HR managers are the best people for this role. Having knowledge of the teams, they will be the most likely to collect employee requests and spot errors.
- What accesses? To retrieve and view the list of employees within a defined scope, they will need Team Viewer access.
⇒ Follow our guide to: Add a team viewer
Limit the number of solicitations by centralizing all adjustment requests via an online form to distribute to referrers or employees directly.
⇒ Take inspiration from our template: Access request form
Still not sure which process will work best for your organization? Your Account Manager can advise you. Don't hesitate to give him/her a sign.